There are several types of drills. The one you see in the picture above clears out all rock under it, leaving only valuable ore. It leaves a layer or two on the surface, so it won't fall down - break them, and you'll find a pit.
There are three smaller drills made out of Gold, Iron, and Diamond. They work in semi-automatic mode only. Once the player taps on it, it destroys a layer of rock in an established spot.
The last machine looks like a Paving roller but, in fact, should be used to mine blocks. Roll it onto something, and it will tear it down to dust. Except for rare ores - those will stay intact.
A magnet, when activated, lures all of the ore beneath it onto the surface. You can see how I've extracted diamonds using a Diamond Magnet.
How to install addons:
- Download addon straight from your device
- Find and open .mcpack or .mcworld files that you download earlier
- Click on it to start importing into Minecraft Pocket Edition
- Open the game
- Create a new world or edit an existing world
- Scroll down to the Add-ons section and select the ones you want to apply
- Make sure to enable "Experimental" game features in the world settings